|Birth name||Nomcebo Nothule Nkwanyana|
|Born||October 28, 1985|
Hammarsdale, KwaZulu-Natal, Republic of South Africa
|Labels||Open Mic Productions|
Nomcebo Nothule Nkwanyana (born 28 October 1985 ), also known as Nomcebo Zikode, is a South African singer and songwriter. She is known for her collaboration with DJ Ganyani on their hit single "Emazulwini" and globally for her and Master KG's hit gospel single "Jerusalema".
Life and career
Early life and education
After moving from home to pursue a career in music, she worked mostly as a back-up singer for more than fifteen years. She worked with South African artistes, including Deborah Fraser, Zahara, Lundi Tyamara, and Nhlanhla Nciza.
She was signed by Ganyani Entertainment, providing vocals for songs including "NTO", "Jabulile", and "Emazulwini", which received a nomination for Record of the Year at the SAMA awards. As she did not own the songs, she was not permitted to perform them without the consent of the label.
In August 2020, Zikode released a debut studio album titled Xola Moya Wam. She collaborated with Master KG and Makhadzi on some of the songs. "Xola Moya Wam", the lead single, received a large amount of air play and has been certified as gold status by Risa.
- Xola Moya Wam (2020)
Singles featured in
- "" (Dj Ganyani feat. Nomcebo) (2019)
- "Jerusalema" (Master KG featuring Nomcebo) (2020)
- "Jerusalema (remix) (Master KG feat. Burna Boy & Nomcebo Zikode) (2020)
Zikode is married to Selwyn Fraser and has two children.
- "Nomcebo". sampra.
- "HDS Ent: Nomcebo Zikode". hdsentertainment. Retrieved 1 November 2020.
- Ntombizodwa, Makhoba. "Master KG and Nomcebo Zikode's Jerusalema is officially a global hit!". News 24. Retrieved 31 August 2020.
- "Nomcebo Zikode biography, profile, age, married, & place of birth". thenation.co.za. 17 June 2020. Retrieved 5 September 2020.
- "Nomcebo Zikode Biography: Exclusive, New Single, Ambassador, Age, Early Life, Education, Career, Jerusalema". zalebs. 11 September 2020.
- "DJ Ganyani's 'Emazulwini' music video, featuring Nomcebo, reaches two million views". Just Nje. Retrieved 31 August 2020.
- Aubrey Mothobeni. "DJ Ganyani, protégé sing a different tune". Sowetan Live. Retrieved 31 August 2020.
- Emmanuel Tjiya. "How hit song Jerusalema redeemed Nomcebo". Sowetan Live. Retrieved 31 August 2020.
- Nikita Coetzee. "How Jerusalema vocalist Nomcebo Zikode went from singing backup to taking centre stage". Channel 24. Retrieved 31 August 2020.
- Sabelo Mkhabela (8 September 2020). "Jerusalema' Hit-Maker Nomcebo Zikode Releases Her Solo Album 'Xola Moya Wam'". okayafrica.
- John (17 August 2020). "Nomcebo Zikode "Xola Moya Wam" Album Release Date, Tracklist, Artwork & Pre-add". ubetoo.
- "Nomcebo Zikode and Master KG collaborate on new single, Xola Moya Wam'". Just Nje. Retrieved 31 August 2020.
- Mpiletso Motumi. "Nomcebo Zikode rides wave of Jerusalema success with new album release". Mpiletso Motumi. IOL. Retrieved 31 August 2020.
- Mxolisi Mngadi. "Master KG praises Nomcebo Zikode's new song titled Xola Moya Wam'". Briefly. Retrieved 31 August 2020.
- Denika Herbst (3 September 2020). "Nomcebo Zikode rejoices as her new single reaches gold status". briefly.co.za.
- "Nomcebo's "Xola Moya Wam" Goes Gold - ZAlebs". zalebs.com. 3 September 2020.
- "Five Things You Did Not Know About Jerusalema's Nomcebo Zikode". iharare. Retrieved 31 August 2020.