|Birth name||Nomcebo Zikode|
|Born||October 28, 1984 (36)|
Hammarsdale, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
|Labels||Open Mic Productions (Former)|
|Associated acts||Master KG|
Nomcebo Zikode (born 1984), also known by her mononym Nomcebo, is a South African singer and songwriter. She is known for her collaboration with on their hit single "Emazulwini" and globally for her and Master KG's hit gospel single "Jerusalema".
Life and career
Early life and education
After she moved from home to persue her career in music she worked mostly as a back-up singer for other South African artistes like Deborah Fraser, Zahara, Lundi Tyamara and Nhlanhla Nciza for more than 15 years.
She was also signed under Ganyani Entertainment, where she provided vocals for songs like "Emazulwini", which received a nomination for the Record of the Year at the SAMA awards, "NTO" and "Jabulile", but as she did not own the songs, she was not allowed to perform them without the consent of the label.
She gained worldwide popularity after working with DJ Master KG on his 2020 hit single "Jerusalema" for which she provided vocals. She had met Master KG after falling out with Ganyani Entertainemnt.
2020:Xola Moya Wam
In August 2020, She has released a debut studio album titled Xola Moya Wam. She made a collaboration with Master KG and Makhadzi in some of her songs. "Xola Moya Wam", the lead single got much air play and has certified by gold status on Risa. Another popular song on the album is "Siyafana".
Her style of music is and amapiano as a subgenre.
- "Nomcebo Zikode biography, profile, age, married, & place of birth". thenation.co.za. 17 June 2020. Retrieved 5 September 2020.
- "Five Things You Did Not Know About Jerusalema's Nomcebo Zikode". iharare. Retrieved 31 August 2020.
- Ntombizodwa, Makhoba. "Master KG and Nomcebo Zikode's Jerusalema is officially a global hit!". News 24. Retrieved 31 August 2020.
- "Nomcebo Zikode Biography: Exclusive, New Single, Ambassador, Age, Early Life, Education, Career, Jerusalema". zalebs. 11 September 2020.
- "DJ Ganyani's 'Emazulwini' music video, featuring Nomcebo, reaches two million views". Just Nje. Retrieved 31 August 2020.
- Aubrey Mothobeni. "DJ Ganyani, protégé sing a different tune". Sowetan Live. Retrieved 31 August 2020.
- Emmanuel Tjiya. "How hit song Jerusalema redeemed Nomcebo". Sowetan Live. Retrieved 31 August 2020.
- Nikita Coetzee. "How Jerusalema vocalist Nomcebo Zikode went from singing backup to taking centre stage". Channel 24. Retrieved 31 August 2020.
- Sabelo Mkhabela (8 September 2020). "Jerusalema' Hit-Maker Nomcebo Zikode Releases Her Solo Album 'Xola Moya Wam'". okayafrica.
- John (17 August 2020). "Nomcebo Zikode "Xola Moya Wam" Album Release Date, Tracklist, Artwork & Pre-add". ubetoo.
- "Nomcebo Zikode and Master KG collaborate on new single, Xola Moya Wam'". Just Nje. Retrieved 31 August 2020.
- Mpiletso Motumi. "Nomcebo Zikode rides wave of Jerusalema success with new album release". Mpiletso Motumi. IOL. Retrieved 31 August 2020.
- Mxolisi Mngadi. "Master KG praises Nomcebo Zikode's new song titled Xola Moya Wam'". Briefly. Retrieved 31 August 2020.
- Denika Herbst (3 September 2020). "Nomcebo Zikode rejoices as her new single reaches gold status". briefly.co.za.
- "Nomcebo's "Xola Moya Wam" Goes Gold - ZAlebs". zalebs.com. 3 September 2020.