Nandy on stage at the Fiesta Concert in Dodoma, Tanzania, 2017
|Birth name||Faustina Charles Mfinanga|
|Born||November 9, 1992 (age 28)|
Mawenzi, Moshi, Tanzania
Nandy was born in Moshi, Tanzania to Mary Charles, a tailor and Charles Mfinanga, a mechanic. The name Nandy is shortened from her real name Nandera. She started performing at a very tender age. At 5 years of age, she was an active member of her Sunday school choir at KKKT Lutheran church in Moshi. She attended Mawenzi Primary School and later joined Lomwe High School where she became the head of School choir. After high school, she joined College of Business Education (CBE), Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Tanzania House of Talent
Her career in music kicked off when a common friend introduced her to Ruge Mutahaba, CEO of Tanzania House of Talent (THT). This is where she met Emma the Boy, who produced her first mainstream single, Nagusagusa.The song became a huge hit within a week of its release.
In early 2016 she participated in a singing competition Tecno own the stage. The contest featured contestants from all over Africa and during the finals in Lagos, Nigeria, Nandy emerged as the first runner-up. The competition groomed her well music wise, as she gained performance confidence, and also acquired essential knowledge of the music industry from the musical tutors and mentors such as chocolate City's M.I Abaga, Yemi Alade and Bien of Sauti Sol.
In 2017 she released her hit single One Day which spearheaded her career and gave her a couple of opportunities as she was one of the few artists who participated in Coke Studio Africa in 2017 and later the same year she was nominated in the All Africa Music Awards as best female eastern Africa and won.
She is currently Tanzania's Goodwill ambassador for UNICEF's water, sanitation and hygiene programme (WASH) that works in over 100 countries worldwide to improve water and sanitation services, as well as basic hygiene practices. The programme focuses on providing people with clean water and basic toilets.
- The African Princess (2018)
- I'm Confident (2013)
- Nagusa gusa (2017)
- One Day (2017)
- Wasikudanganye (2017)
- Kivuruge (2017)
- Ninogeshe (2018)
- Aibu (2018)
- Kiza Kinene(2019)
- Kata (2020)
- Na Nusu
- Acha Lizame ft Harmonize
- Do me ft billnas
- Nibakishie ft alikiba
Awards and nominations
|2017||All Africa Music Awards||Best Female Artist East Africa||Nandy||Won|
|2018||AMI Awards Afrika||Best Female Newcomer||Nandy||Won|
- "AFRIMA 2017: Full list of winners". Music in Africa. November 13, 2017. Retrieved May 12, 2018.
- Azaniapost. "Bongo Flava: Ali Kiba, Nandy win awards at AFRIMA in Nigeria". Azaniapost (in Turkish). Retrieved May 12, 2018.
- "Check out full list of winners at the 2020 AFRIMMA Awards". Pulse Live Kenya. November 16, 2020. Retrieved November 24, 2020.
- "29-year-old wins $25K, recording deal". pulse.ng. Retrieved May 4, 2018.
- "Tanzania: Heartbreak for Tanzania's Nandy in Lagos". allafrica.com. Retrieved May 4, 2018.
- "MEET THE AFRICAN PRINCESS". coca-cola.co.ke. Retrieved May 4, 2018.
- "Nandy: Mane Fitsum (Cover) – Coke Studio Africa". coca-colacompany.com. Retrieved May 4, 2018.
- "Aslay – Subalkheri Mpenzi Ft Nandy". celebvibestar.co.ke. Retrieved May 4, 2018.
- "Coke Studio Africa 2017 Officially Launches in Ethiopia". ethiosports.com. Retrieved May 4, 2018.
- "Nandy and AliKiba shine at Afrima". thecitizen.co.tz. Retrieved May 4, 2018.
- "Nandy atamani kuwa kama Beyonce". mwananchi.co.tz (in Swahili). Retrieved May 4, 2018.
- "Popular Tanzanian singer arrested in latest internet crackdown". Sunday Times (Johannesburg). Retrieved May 4, 2018.
- "Nandy – One Day". notjustok.com. Retrieved May 4, 2018.
- "New Music: Nandy – Kivuruge". uplandradiofm.com (in Swahili). Retrieved May 4, 2018.
- "Nandy – Ninogeshe". tooxclusive.com.ng. Retrieved May 4, 2018.
- "AMI Awards Afrika 2018 full nominee list". whatshappeningmagazineug.com. Retrieved May 4, 2018.