|Birth name||Tohnain Anthony Nguo|
|Also known as||Magasco Efsi, Bamenda Boy|
|Born||September 22, 1988|
|Origin||Kom people (Cameroon)|
|Genres||Afro-Pop, Afrobeats, hip hop|
|Labels||, Empire Company|
|Associated acts||Gasha, Duc Z|
Magasco was born in Bamenda in 1988 and is from the Kom tribe in North West Region of Cameroon. His love for music started at the age of 6 when he used to attend the Catholic church in Bamenda. He was present to most of the singing activities of the church. He got his A level certificate in art then studied history at the University of Yaoundé I. From there, he decided to go professional with his music career since his love for music was growing stronger by the day.
Magasco's first public appearance was at a talent show called Positive Vibrations back in 1999. He formed a group of rappers in 2000 called "T-Drops" with longtime besties DaBlu and Klone. In 2009, the group separated because DaBlu left for the U.S where he is currently doing music. After getting his A-level, he was then selected to be among the candidates for the NW region at Nescafé singing competition along with Joys and Nasty. same exposure let him to be signed under a biggest Cameroonian urban label Empire Company of Pit Baccardi.
In 2013, Magasco was nominated for "Best Urban Artist" for Cameroon, which did not win but he keeps his head high for better achievements. Magasco now under Empire, has released two singles so far (Fine BOY) and (Marry Me) which are currently hitting the world under the influence of National and international media. The remix of his song "Fine Boy " with DUC Z was included in the Mboa Tape Vol2 Magasco is currently making several appearances in Cameroon starting in his home town Bamenda where he will be performing at the (In the Moov) concert. Magasco is currently working on his first album which was announced for early 2015. He has been Nominated in other awards show like Afrimma Awards. On December 25, 2015, he released his first EP titled Raw Gold. His first album titled Golden Boy is due to be released on December 29, 2017.
Awards and nominations
- Won "Best Northwest Urban Artist" on the Red Feather Awards.
- Won "Bafani Awards" in the category of Revolutionary Artist in Bamenda.
- Nominated for "Best Urban Artist" for Cameroon.
- Nominated for "Best Male Artist in Central Africa" at All African Music Awards (AFRIMA 2018).
- 2017: Golden Boy
- 2012: Line Loba
- 2013: Kumba Market
- 2014: Fine Boy
- 2014: Fine Boy Remix(featuring Duc Z)
- 2014: Marry Me
- 2015: No Man no Wowo
- 2016: All VIP
- 2015: Raw Gold
- Wule Bang Bang
- Baby Love
- Mummy Love
- 2015: It's Ova feat Vicky
- 2015: Faya Di Burn feat Gasha
- 2016: One By One feat Pit Baccardi
- 2017: Love it feat Shan'l
- "Magasco – Biography". Cameroon's No. 1 Music and Entertainment Portal. Retrieved December 27, 2017.
- Ngomba, Joan. "Magasco: 5 things to know about the talented Cameroonian artiste". pulse.ng. Retrieved December 27, 2017.
- Da Light (February 3, 2015). "Magasco, la nouvelle coqueluche de l'Afropop camerounaise". djolo.net (in French). Retrieved December 27, 2017.
- Maison, Mode. "MAGASCO IS THAT BAMENDA BOI". Modern Ghana. Retrieved December 27, 2017.
- "Magasco: Drops first official release "Line loba"". Nexdim Empire. May 3, 2012.
- "telechargement-la-mboa-tape-vol-2". jewanda-magazine.com. December 21, 2013. Archived from the original on November 3, 2014. Retrieved November 3, 2014.
- "Five reasons why Magasco's Raw Gold #Ep is a world standard". kamerflow Magazine. January 3, 2016.
- "Magasco set to drop New album on the 29th of December 2017". MuZee Play. Archived from the original on December 28, 2017. Retrieved December 27, 2017.