|Birth name||Emmanuel Kofi Botchwey|
|Also known as||Abodam|
Emmanuel Kofi Botchwey, known by his stage name Kwaw Kese and popularly called Abodam (craziness), is a Ghanaian hiplife artist. Kwaw Kese is well known for his hit album Abodam 2007, for which he won five awards at the 2008 edition of the Ghana Music Awards.
Early life and education
He was born in Agona Swedru in the Central Region of Ghana. He is an alumnus of Happy Home Junior Secondary School and Winneba Secondary School. He began composing and performing his songs from the age of 14. After his high school education, he worked as a meter reader for the Electricity Company of Ghana for three years. He did not have much interest for that job so he decided to take his music more seriously. He left for Accra and in 2004, he met Hammer of The Last Two and was signed to the record label.
Record label and solo career
He launched the record label Mad-Time Entertainment in 2005. He released his debut solo album which he titled 'Na Ya Tal'. His second album Abodam 07 was released under his label.
In December 2014, Kwaw Kese was arrested by the Ghana Police Service in Kumasi for smoking cannabis in public, which he didn't deny. He has since been put to court and tried. On 23 April 2015, he was sentenced to one day in jail after being found guilty of smoking cannabis and made to pay gh¢1200 as fine.
Ghana Music Awards
|2008||Himself||Artist of the Year||Won|||
|"Odeim"||Hiplife Album of the Year||Won|
|Himself||Hiplife Artist of the Year||Won|
|"Odeim"||Hiplife Song of the Year||Won|
|2015||Swedu Agona ft Obrafuor & Teephlow||N/A|||
|2015||Aseda ft Duke||N/A|||
|2017||Allo ft Shatta Wale||N/A|||
|2019||Unlooking ft Zeal & Samini||N/A|||
|2015||Aseda||Alexi Ju Nior and Kwadwo Bediako of Level 7 Films|||
- "Kwaw Kese arrested for smoking cannabis". myjoyonline.com. 24 November 2014. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "ProfileAbility – Tag: Kwaw Kesse Biography". ProfileAbility. Retrieved 2019-10-21.
- Debrah, Ameyaw (30 April 2008). "'Madman' Sweeps Ghana Music Awards". modernghana.com. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Kwaw Kese". peacefmonline.com. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Kwaw Kese Profile". ghanaweb.com. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- ProfileAbility (2016-07-21). "ProfileAbility – Kwaw Kese". ProfileAbility. Retrieved 2019-10-21.
- "Exclusive: Ghana Music Awards Winners 2000 -2011". newsghana.com.gh. 11 April 2012. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Kwaw Kese - Swedru Agona ft. Obrafour & Teephlow". Modern Ghana. Retrieved 2021-03-06.
- Kwaw Kese ft. Duke D2 "Aseda" Official Music Video, retrieved 2021-03-06
- "DOWNLOAD: Shatta Wale – Allo ft. Kwaw Kese (Prod. By Willis Beatz)". AaceHypez. Retrieved 2021-03-06.
- NytMare, Blogger's (2019-01-07). "Kwaw Kese – Unlooking ft. Samini x Zeal (VVIP)". Ghanamotion.com. Retrieved 2021-03-06.
- "Kwaw Kese Kapa - Google Search". www.google.com. Retrieved 2021-03-06.
- "Abodam! Kwaw Kese handcuffed, sleeps in casket in "Aseda" music video". Pulse.com.gh. David Mawuli. Retrieved 23 February 2016.