|Birth name||Lehlogonolo Ronald Mataboge|
|Born||27 March 1997|
Pretoria, South Africa
|Labels||Ambitiouz Entertainment (former)|
Lehlogonolo Ronald Mataboge (born 27 March 1997) known professionally as A-Reece, is a South African rapper and songwriter, born and raised in Atteridgeville, Pretoria, Gauteng. He is the younger brother of P-Jay, a rapper who is one half of the South African hip hop duo B3nchmarQ. A-Reece was signed with Ambitiouz Entertainment in 2015. After disputes with management, he left to become an independent artist. He gained popularity in 2015 following the release of his single, "Couldn't", which featured the rapper Emtee.
A-Reece released his debut studio album, Paradise (2016), which produced the singles, "Couldn't" and "Mgani". In 2017, A-Reece released his second album From Me to You & Only You, He then released music video of Feelings with features Flvme his former colleague. In 2018 he released a collaborative album with Ecco and Wordz titled "Long Lost Letters" (L3) , the lead single was "Welcome To My Life". In 2019, he released Reece Effect. He also released several EPs notably being Gwan Big Up Urself, Cutaways EP And I'm Only 21.
Following a financial squabble with Ambitiouz Entertainment, The Wrecking Crew (TWC) was formed with Mashbeatz. The Wrecking Crew consists of MashBeatz, Ex Global, Wordz, and other former members, Flvme, Ecco and Mellow. The Wrecking Crew changed names to Rubberband Records after the departure of Flvme, Ecco and Mellow.
Early life and career
Lehlogonolo Mataboge was born on 27 March 1997, and came from Pretoria, Gauteng. He started writing music in primary school following the footsteps of his older brother Phologo Jody Mataboge, known as P-Jay from the hip hop duo B3nchMarQ and is close friends with Wordz, Mashbeatz & Hlumelo Moni. He got his stage name "A-Reece" from his star sign Aries.
In 2015, he signed to Ambitiouz Entertainment and released his first single "Couldn't" under the label, featuring Emtee. He released Cutaways, an EP, on 29 September 2016, which consists of songs that did not make the cut for his debut album Paradise. His debut album was later released on October 21, 2016, and topped the No.1 spot on iTunes just under 24 hours after its release. He went on to release his second studio album From Me To You And Only You to celebrate the anniversary of his debut album. He release the collaboration album in 2019 with Mashbeatz named "Reece Effect". In the same year A-Reece released the songs "Carele$$" and "Blood In Blood Out".
In 2021, he released the album Today's Tragedy, Tomorrow's Memory containing 13 tracks.
Ambitiouz Entertainment controversy
Ambitiouz Entertainment went under much scrutiny after artists Fifi Cooper, B3nchMarQ, A-Reece and Flame left the label in a very public and ugly fight. Artists claimed that they decided to part ways with the record label because of financial disagreements. Fifi Cooper went on to say that she had been signed for over two years to the label yet had not received a single cent from her performances, as well as royalties. The record label also went on to remove all of A-Reece's music videos from their YouTube channel and his Facebook page was also deleted. A-Reece Release "Loyal" where he address there reason why he left Ambitious Entertainment. In the song A-Reece slammed his former colleague Emtee for staying in the record label. 7 months later on his album Manando, Emtee responded with a diss track called Crown calling A-Reece whack and emotional on songs.
|Album Title||Album Details|
|From Me to You And Only You||
|Album Title||Album Details|
|L3 (Long Lost Letters) (with Ecco & Wordz)||
|Reece Effect (with Mashbeatz)||
|EP Title||EP Details|
|1997/03/27 [The Best Things in Life are Free]||
|Gwan Big Up Urself 2(You Should've Taken Me Seriously)||
|And I'm only 21||
|Meanwhile In Honeydew|
|FourTwenty 4:20 (ft. Flvme, Ecco & Ex-Global)|
|Feelings (ft. Flvme)|
|Kim Kardashian (ft. Ex-Gobal & Wordz)||2018|
|Welcome To My Life||2019||Long Lost Letters(L3)|
|A Message From A-REECE||Non-Album Single|
|Blood In Blood Out|
|In Hi$ Image [Exp.1]||2020||The Exp$|
|John Doe [Last Exp.]|
|$trictly 4 My Bitch||2021||Non-Album Single|
|ridiculouS [w/ Jay Jody]||2021||Blue Tape|
|Awards and nominations|
|2016 South African Hip Hop Awards||Lyricist of the Year|
|2021||MTV Africa Music Awards 2021||Best Fan Base|
- "A-Reece Biography". Cut FM.
- "A-Reece RELEASES Paradise!". Zkhipani.
- "REVIEW:A-Reece-From Me To You & The World". Zkhipani.
- "A Reece Explains Why He Left Ambitiouz Entertainment". People Magazine.
- "Chit Chat with A-Reece &.The Wrecking Crew #AwesomeFoursome". Zkhipani.
- "5 Things You Probably Didn't Know About A-Reece". Youth Village. Retrieved 17 November 2016.
- "A-Reece Releases CUTaways EP". Zkhipani. Retrieved 17 November 2016.
- "A-Reece's Album Goes Straight To Number ONE". Zkhipani. Retrieved 17 November 2016.
- "A-Reece battles remorse on Today's Tragedy, Tomorrow's Memory". PAM - Pan African Music. 27 April 2021. Retrieved 28 August 2021.
- "Fifi Cooper, B3nchmarq and A Reece Leave Ambitiouz | People Magazine". www.peoplemagazine.co.za. Retrieved 29 December 2017.
- "The leaving of Ambitiouz Entertainment artists shouldn't come as a surprise". ZAlebs. Retrieved 29 December 2017.
- "Shocker! Top rappers Fifi Cooper, B3nchmarq and A Reece Leave Ambitiouz". The Citizen. Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- "Breaking!!! Fifi Cooper, B3nchMarQ And A -Reece Leaves Ambitiouz Ent… Fifi Unveils Own Record Label". Hiphopza. Archived from the original on 18 February 2017. Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- "A-Reece Hits Back At Ambitiouz For Removing His Videos From YouTube". Youth Village. Retrieved 8 May 2018.
- "SA Hip Hop Awards 2016 Nominations Revealed!". My TV News. Retrieved 17 November 2016.
- "FULL LIST: SA Hip Hop Awards winners". channel24. Retrieved 15 December 2016.
- "MTV Africa Music Awards 2021: All the nominees". Music In Africa. 27 January 2021. Retrieved 1 July 2021.